Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Grand Opening

Well, the ribbon's been cut! The name's Pana, but you're welcome to call me His Dudeness or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing. Don't recognize the quote? Get out! I'm kidding...kinda. If not, we'll get there (it's 'The Big Lebowski' by the way). Film geek obnoxiousness aside for a tick, I figured I'd start this off with an outline of my plan. I'll save the three-volume 'About Me' autobio until I feel like I've got more than a heckling cricket in the crowd. There are a ton of amazing blog sites for movie news, so I won't even bother keeping up with that. The closest I've been to a Hollywood connection was pulling up alongside Spielberg on the freeway by chance, only to make a shark fin with my hand and giggle like a school girl at a Twilight: Eclipse cast screening. Something tells me he won't be sharing his start dates or sending my script back with notes any time in the near future. Instead, this blog will simply be a reflection of my not inconsiderable viewography: what I love from the past and discover in the future. If you take the ride with me and hunt down one movie I've highlighted that steals a top 10 spot on your all-time list...that's a mission accomplished in my book. I'll do my best to cover the whole spectrum, because it's okay to dig both Hitchcock and Edgar Wright. One thing I can't promise is that I'll be Johnny-on-the-spot with new articles, but I'll gauge it based on demand (if any exists). So hop up on a stool, crack open a cold one (soda, mind you) and watch a flick. Cheers.

P.S. Apologies to all those who looked up 'viewography' in the dictionary, but really? You should have known better.

No comments:

Post a Comment